Surgical imaging has emerged as a crucial component in modern healthcare, revolutionizing the way surgeries are conducted. This technology provides real-time, high-quality images to guide surgeons during intricate procedures, enhancing precision and patient outcomes. The global surgical imaging market has witnessed remarkable growth in recent years, driven by a confluence of factors.
The global surgical imaging market size was USD 2.10 Billion in 2022 and is expected to register a revenue CAGR of 6.3% during the forecast period, according to latest analysis by Emergen Research. Rising demand for minimally invasive surgeries, growing government initiations for the development of surgical imaging services, technological advancements in surgical imaging services, and rising adoption of Flat Panel Detectors (FPDs) over other surgical imaging are some of the major factors driving the market revenue growth.
You Can Download Free Sample PDF Copy Of This Report At:
Overview of the Surgical Imaging Market
Surgical imaging, also known as intraoperative imaging, encompasses a wide range of technologies and equipment designed to facilitate surgeons’ work during procedures. These technologies include C-arms, mobile X-ray systems, and intraoperative MRI and CT scanners. They provide real-time imaging, enabling surgeons to make critical decisions on the spot. This market is vital for a multitude of medical specialties, such as orthopaedics, neurosurgery, and cardiovascular surgery, among others.
Drivers of Growth
Several factors are propelling the growth of the surgical imaging market. First and foremost, the increasing prevalence of chronic diseases, such as cardiovascular disorders and cancer, is driving the demand for surgical interventions. Moreover, the aging population across the globe requires more surgical procedures, which further boosts the market. Furthermore, technological advancements have led to the development of more compact and versatile surgical imaging systems, making them accessible to a broader range of healthcare facilities.
Government organizations have also played a pivotal role in fostering growth. For instance, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) in the United States has introduced reimbursement policies that encourage healthcare facilities to invest in advanced imaging technologies. This has led to greater adoption of surgical imaging systems in the country.
Restraints and Challenges
While the surgical imaging market is on an upward trajectory, it is not without its share of challenges. Cost is a significant barrier, as acquiring and maintaining advanced imaging systems can be financially burdensome for smaller healthcare facilities. Additionally, concerns about radiation exposure from certain imaging techniques, such as fluoroscopy, have raised safety issues and prompted regulatory scrutiny.
Regulatory hurdles are another restraint, as medical imaging devices must meet stringent safety and efficacy standards. This can lead to delays in product approvals and market entry. Additionally, the COVID-19 pandemic disrupted supply chains and hampered the production of surgical imaging equipment, affecting market growth.
Despite the challenges, several growth factors continue to propel the surgical imaging market. One of the most significant is the increasing focus on minimally invasive surgeries (MIS). Surgical imaging plays a pivotal role in MIS, enabling surgeons to perform complex procedures through small incisions. As patient preference for less invasive options grows, the demand for surgical imaging is expected to rise.
Moreover, the integration of artificial intelligence (AI) into surgical imaging systems holds immense promise. AI can assist surgeons in image interpretation, reducing the risk of errors and enhancing surgical precision. It can also automate certain aspects of the imaging process, improving workflow efficiency.
Some major companies in the global market report include Medtronic, Siemens Healthcare GmbH, GE HealthCare., Koninklijke Philips N.V., CANON MEDICAL SYSTEMS CORPORATION, Hologic, Inc., Shimadzu Corporation, Ziehm Imaging GmbH, Hyperfine, Inc., Allengers.
Some Key Highlights From the Report
- The endoscopy segment accounted for largest revenue share in 2022 owing to the rising product launching by leading companies. For instance, on 14 September 2022, Olympus Corporation announced the launch of VISERA ELITE III, a new surgical visualization platform created to meet the requirements of medical professionals able to perform endoscopic practices in a wide range of medical disciplines.
- The neurosurgeries accounted for a significantly fast revenue growth rate in 2022 owing to the rising prevalence of neurological diseases such as increasing prevalence of brain injuries and neurodegenerative diseases. According to a report, on 19 February 2022, in the United States, Alzheimer’s disease affects 5.8 billion individuals aged 65 and up. 80% of them are 75 years old or older. Alzheimer’s disease is thought to affect between 60% and 70% of the approximately 50 billion dementia sufferers globally. As a result, demand for this segment is being driven by the use of Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) and Positron Emission Tomography (PET) scans for the diagnosis of neurodegenerative diseases.
- The surgical imaging market in North America accounted for largest revenue share in 2022 due to the increasing adoption of surgical imaging. The most popular primary tool for analyzing the phases of diseases or tumors, cancer, and developing treatment plans is CT imaging, which is raising the demand for surgical imaging services in this region. On 30 September 2021, Harvard Medical School reported that the country can perform more than 80 million CT scans.
Emergen Research has segmented the global surgical imaging market on the basis of device type, technology, modality, application, and region:
- Device Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2032)
- Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2032)
- Image intensifier
- Flat panel detector
- Modality Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2032)
- Computed Tomography
- Nuclear Imaging
- Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2032)
- Orthopedic and trauma surgeries
- Gynecological surgeries
- Cardiovascular surgeries
About Emergen Research
Emergen Research is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target, and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries, and help clients make smarter business decisions. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across multiple industries, including Healthcare, Touch Points, Chemicals, Types, and Energy.
Corporate Sales Specialist
Emergen Research | Web: https://www.emergenresearch.com/
Direct Line: +1 (604) 757-9756
E-mail: [email protected]
Read our Press Release @ https://www.emergenresearch.com/press-release/global-surgical-imaging-market